Saturday, July 1, 2017

And it begins

Hello! and welcome to my blog! My name is Jonathan Lubin, and I am a PhD student in Public Administration aka why the country functions most of the time. I am taking this web 2.0 class to learn a lot more about the great innovations of user interactions due to expanding technology, and how exactly should we as administrators really look at the activities of our constituents and find ways to also use them for better collaboration between government and people.

I hope to touch upon a number of things, such as our e-government systems in place and internationally, usage of politician and constituent interactions, and unfortunately(or fortunately if you are interested in this kind of thing):

Yeah yeah, but I hope to have a  serious discussion about it.

So yet again, Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy the ride!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan! I'm sure you're going to bring a unique perspective to the class with your public admin background! It's certainly a prime time to examine the relationship between politics and the internet (especially social media). I look forward to your posts about it all!
    (I was just thinking about the wild ride that Pepe meme has taken throughout its time. What a crazy thing, going from a viral meme to a political symbol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the irony of it being the creator is completely liberal. He's been trying to get the meme dead forever now because of it unfortunately :(. Seen stories of pepe being used at children's B-Day parties before it got "Alt-Right" and how kids gotta throw away their shirts dealing the party because of it.

      Delete
  2. Since you mentioned e-government: I don't know much about it, but I know it's a big deal in Estonia, and I'm headed there for an Internet Research conference in October. Pretty excited. Perhaps I'll get some briefings on that via your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! a lot of countries are really trying to get ahead in using e-government systems as well as the US. some really cool cases for it come from the most unexpected places. I know Brazil has been trying to do virtual town halls, and when it comes to processing papers in government, DC's homeland security and emergency management department keeps on top with that!

      Delete