Sunday, July 23, 2017

Helpful Specific Wikis

That is not to say all instructional learning is bad, and in fact a lot of sources such as github forums are GREAT when it comes to learning with technology.

As a Raspberry Pi User, a micro PC that runs on minimal power and on a budget (around 36 bucks). I decided to make a many arcade for all the LEGAL ROMS (Files of Video Games For Emulation) I have. Since I purchased Neo Geo ROMS legally from a reputable seller (and they sponsored the ROM selling for charity), I had about 15 games for my choosing on emulation.

The Raspberry Pi was my solution to portable arcades (and the cabinet I eventually want to make) for when I truly have a massive collection of legal roms to use. Arcade Joystick, cabinet and all, that is the dream!

Now...I didn't know how to set up this machine, but fortunately that is where user sites like Github come in, actually giving away the linux code for you to understand and emulate on my machine. To understand how to port neo-geo roms to my "Pi" I checked Here! (It is safe, don't worry). And it is one heck of machine now because of it!

I love you mini Neo Geo Machine sooooooo Much..

Githubs are used in multiple things! Python/Java/Linux/etc. anything needing coding, you got it. And users all help in submitting code for those wanting to learn or at least emulate! Retropie is one example of this type of fascination into cool coding and there are many other types of wikis too.

You got your fandom wikis to keep you up to speed on "Game Of Thrones" so while you hate the show or hate the books, you can at least catch up and understand what the heck your friends are saying (like me!). Or you might participate in a really cool wiki community that prides itself on its forums, rumors, and posts!

Wikis in good nature are endless, and we must appreciate that fact, just like Wikipedia is consensus based, altcyclopedias can be harmful, and wikileaks is murky, fun wikis providing specific information can be useful (again as long as you do your due diligence).

No comments:

Post a Comment